The TriMetric battery monitor is designed to assist in battery care, conservation and system maintenance of battery powered systems that use storage batteries with system voltage from 12-48 volts.
It provides the user with information on battery “volts”, “amps” and “amp-hours” and “battery percent full”, based on measuring the amp-hours removed from the battery system.
Reliability, accuracy and simplicity are key product objectives. The TriMetric< requires an external
A shunt located near the batteries to measure “amps” and “amp-hours”. The meter readout may be located hundreds of feet away from batteries and is usually connected to the shunt with a 5 wire cable.
We have a system that uses the Trimetric to display the amps coming from the wind and/or solar, using a shunt in the generator circuit(s). Call for custom build.
● New with the TM-2030:Audible low battery alarm, based on volts and % full. May be silenced.● Measures days since charged: Shows how many days have elapsed since batteries were last fully charged. Batteries can lose ability to hold charge if this becomes too long.● Shows days since equalized: A reminder to equalize at appropriate time if you do manual equalizations.
●New with the TM-2030: Displays replaced percentage of charge, compared to most recent discharge–Many battery company experts are now recommending that when recharging, 110-120% of recently withdrawn energy should be replaced for wet cell Lead acid batteries to prevent loss of capacity—and 104-108% for AGM types. This new function makes it easy to know if they have been sufficiently charged.
● Good lightning protection.
● Easy to read display–easy to darken.
● Defaults to “Level 1” for most users to keep operation simple. Choose Level 2 or 3 for more technical users.
● Logged data functions: You may not need this, but a technician trying to diagnose what is wrong will find these very helpful:
Data for each of last five charge/discharge cycles:
● Length of the cycle. ● How long ago the cycle ended. ● Lowest % full reading
● Highest voltage that day. ● Lowest charging current. ● Total percentage overcharge for that day.
● Sizes: smaller (RV) is 3 x 5-1/4 x 1-3/8 inches deep. Larger (A) is 4-1/2 x 4 -3/4 x 1-1/4 inches deep.
● Requires one of two shunts: 500A/50mV shunt allows amp measurements from 0.1-over 400 Amps. 100A/100mV shunt allows amp measurements from 0.01- over 70 Amps. Larger shunts allow higher current limits.
Sales tax and shipping will be added where appropriate