If you’re just beginning research on battery charging with Renewable Energy, this link will guide you through the thought process to decide if you need wind power or solar power or both or neither….
Solar panels come in many shapes & sizes & designs. Hotwire focuses on the ones that are best-suited for installation on boats and RVs.
– Some are designed to be installed on the deck or a hardtop and can be walked on, though scratches and reduced output will result.
– Some produce power not only from the top surface but also from light reflected underneath, which makes them great above dinghy davits.
– Kaneka (Japanese) solar panels can gather more energy in low light conditions, but need more surface area than most boats can supply.
– Renogy; Good quality Chinese panels
– Semi-flexable; light weight, typically less than 1/4 inch thick, able to conform to some curvature. Shorter warranty than rigid panels and shorter life.
Hotwire Enterprises carries these solar panels and MANY OTHERS. Please contact us for information on other brands and uses.
Leak Alert electronic water detector
LEDs w/ links to the following: